Tuesday, September 13, 2011

From the textbook of Orthodontics

"Growth in size is accompanied by growth in internal structure, enabling the 8 year old child to function mentally at nearly the same level as an adult." from Textbook of Orthodontics by Samir E. Bishara

So what this is basically saying, is that an 8 year old has the brain capability to mentally function as an adult.  The point being, that what these children are exposed to influences them (sometimes for a lifetime), when they are in reality perfectly capable of thinking on their own.  So we are influenced by the school system, by our friends and by the music we listen to.  I think we are basically all good people, however negative influences can distract one from being a positive influence in society.

I was doing my Sunday walk on South Beach, when I noticed a driver of a car having an argument with some kids on skateboards.  I watched for a few minutes and when the scene escalated I ran across the street and yelled to hold off, and basically prevented a fist fight.  Everyone went their own way and I continued walking.  I wonder in todays media thirst for exciting videos how many people might have recorded the confrontation, and rather than preventing it, root for a fight.  I think we need to do more of the right thing and I try to express this in the music that I've created for the David Hamilton Project

No comments:

Post a Comment